Book your place here
A day in the woods to learn how to experience and connect with the natural world and ourselves with greater depth and awareness.
Mindfulness is the practice of maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and everything that surrounds us. When we practice mindfulness, our thoughts tune into what we’re sensing in the present moment rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future or telling ourselves judgemental stories about “me”, “others” and the world we live in.
Nature is the perfect partner in developing this state of mind and way of being.
You will use practices drawn from cultures who live close to the land and explore them using insights from contemporary psychology and neuroscience. They will take you on a journey to shift your mind and body to be more fully present to all that is going on both inside you, your thoughts and emotions, and in your environment, through the wonderful world of nature.
You will reap the rewards of a heightened awareness and connection with nature, greater relaxation, mental clarify, physical wellbeing and a richer enjoyment of every moment of your day.
- be introduced to practices to focus your attention more fully on the perceptions, sensations, feelings and thoughts of your own body
- spend guided time on your own into the woods learning to pay attention to the richness in everything around you through all your senses
- take time for reflection and discussion of the experiences that you will have in the woods
- learn some background behind the practices and how to apply them in nature and in everyday life
By the end of the day, you will have:
- some practices to enhance your experience of the world around you, in nature and in the city too
- a fresh understanding of what mindfulness is and how to practice it in your daily life
- increased relaxation, awareness, creativity and resourcefulness
- the beginnings of a fresh perspective on the human place in the natural world
The workshop will be held in a delightful wood near Hadlow Down, 5 miles northeast of Uckfield (TN22 4HR). Exact details will be sent in joining instructions nearer the time.
A vegetatarian lunch sourced from local suppliers will be provided and drinks / snacks during the day. If you would like a vegan option please let us know at time of booking,
We will give you indications on what to wear based on the weather in the joining instructions too.
The cost for the day is £60 which includes the training and support, lunch, refreshments and use of the land.
Book your place here